Here we have compiled resources to help access funding that takes your venture to the next stage – for those who already know the basics but want to do more or better
Resources to understand funding options available to later stages businesses
- Debt funding options – this overview of funding options by the British Business Bank focuses on debt options that are applicable to later stage ventures, including business loans / credit cards, overdrafts, asset-based lending, invoice finance, leasing and hire purchase, and other forms of debt finance
- Venture capital funding – an easy-to-read guide from Startups.co.uk on everything you need to know about the different stages of raising venture capital (equity) funding for your start-up or small business
Resources to help you learn best practices and assess your venture against these to help you on your journey of continuous improvement!
- ELITE Digital Compass – you can use this tool created by the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) to compare yourself to the emerging best practices used by your peers who consistently make their numbers. Contact us if you interested to get access!
- Model documents for early stage investments – the British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (BVCA) put together industry-standard legal documentation in the UK so investors and entrepreneurs can focus on deal-specific matters, to help save both time and money. All parties are encouraged to adopt these documents as the starting point for their investments.
A list of finance providers and organisations that provide scale up funding or advice – now that you know what you want, and are ready to ask for what you deserve!
- Funding Options Platform – enables businesses to access a panel of dozens of business lenders, from major names to small specialists. Businesses can raise from thousands to millions of pounds for a variety of purposes – including working capital, growth finance or even just to help them through a difficult trading patch.
- Funding Experts Search – search tool offered by the British Business Bank to identify both providers of funds and support organisation, which helpfully enables filtering by financing type, region, and sector
- Regional Support Search – another helpful tool offered by the British Business Bank, to help you find local support on your region