This article from Oxford Foundry Start-Up School will help you get started if you need funding
- You need to kiss a lot of frogs!
- UKBAA Member Directory is free to use and searchable by sector, region, stage, amount: www.ukbaa.org.uk/services-for-entrepreneurs/contact-investors
- Try to get slots at pitching and showcasing events- direct and online-see UKBAA online event calendar
- Warm introductions are generally best so use your personal contacts, networks; accountant, advisers
- Speak with other invested entrepreneurs (who are not your competitors) about their investors to intro you
- Attend investment conferences on industry/sectors where you can network
- Do your research on recent investments: Crunch base; pitchbook so you can know who is investing in your sector/geography
- Remember it can take 3 – 6 months to find and secure investment, so plan ahead for your investment strategy.